Sunday 22 September 2013

An obedient son


           There was a boy called Taye who lived in Iyere town. Before his mother went to market in the morning, she told Taye, son, your lunch is in the kitchen. Play with your friends just outside the house, but always stay near the door. Taye was a good boy and wanted to do as his mother commanded. He played with his friends in the morning and sat by the door in the afternoon.
           When it was noon his brother in-law came and asked him, “where is your mother?” mother has gone the market, replied Taye. His brother in-law then said “your sister and I will visit your mother this evening. Please go and inform her.” Taye did not know what to do. He wanted to obey his mother and stay by the door, but also had to go to the message.
          He removed the door and carried it on his back. His mother was surprised to see him, “I asked you to stay by near the house. Why have you come here with door on your back?” Said his mother. Taye replied immediately, “mother, you wanted me to stay close to the door, but my brother in-law sent me to inform you that he and my sister are visiting us today. So the best thing for me to do was to bring the door with me so that I could be closed to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment